This Is Good
3 cups frozen edamame, thawed and drained
2 garlic cloves, peeled
3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup tahini, stirred well before measuring
2-4 tbsp water, to thin as needed
1/2-1 tsp sea salt, to taste
1/4 tsp coriander
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Set aside a handful of edamame for garnishing.
2. With motor running on food processor drop in garlic cloves to mince. Add edamame and process until somewhat smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Add lemon juice, tahini and water and process until very smooth-this may take a few minutes.
4. Add salt, cayenne and coriander and process until combined.
5. Garnish with reserved edamame, smoked paprika, freshly ground black pepper and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Serve with crostini, crackers, pita chips and/or crudites.
I served this at a dinner party on Sunday evening-a delicious change from my usual goat cheese and olives. And in the interest of full disclosure it is not from Joy of Cooking, but it is from my binder!